Community H.E.A.R.T. (Health Education And Reconstruction Training) was set up in 1995 to support the people of Southern Africa, particularly South Africa, in their struggle to overcome the awful legacy of apartheid. We support self-help projects based on the hopes, aspirations and initiatives of local people and communities.
The first democratic elections in South Africa ended apartheid, but apartheid left a legacy of poverty and deprivation for the majority population who had little or no access to proper health, education, housing and utilities. Reconstruction and development to eradicate the causes of inequality, discrimination and poverty started in 1994 but due to the enormity of the task support for this will be required for the foreseeable future.
We work with local people and organisations focussing on:
- Providing greater access to educational resources.
- HIV/AIDS projects which raise awareness and support those affected by the pandemic.
- Supporting those affected by violence against women and challenging gender violence.
- Access to health care.
- Community arts projects helping build local peoples’ self confidence and sense of achievement.
- Housing projects addressing the need for formal housing.
Your chance to win a Fiat 500 1.2 Pop and raise funds for Community H.E.A.R.T. Click here http://www.smallcharitycardraw.co.uk/tickets.php?id=cheart
Charity Commission registration No. 1052817. Company No. 3016170.